Monday, July 5, 2010

A Funny Answered Prayer

Tonight at dinner, we were praying as a family. As a real prayer request and one to keep Charlie praying and not eating yet, Adam prayed for little Jackson to have a big dirty diaper. He hasn't had one in a few days. Since that will help get his bilirubin level down and just keep him regular, this was a valid request. Charlie thought that was funny at dinner. Well, tonight when Adam and I went to see him in the NICU, we got to see the request answered. Mandy, our sweet nurse, let us help with his bath and getting him weighed. After all that, I got to hold the little man for a few minutes before he had to be put back under the light. He definitely let out a big bomb for us all...and taking after his brother, it stunk! All that to say, God can answer even our little prayers.

Jackson was doing well tonight. It was so much fun getting to watch him get bathed and wiped down with sweet-smelling soap. Also, I got to rub that Johnson's baby lotion all over him. What a gift to hold him and tell him that we loved him! We are so thankful for God's gifts to us in our children. He is a miracle worker, and each child is definitely one of His miracles. Thanks to all for your encouragement throughout this process. Sweet Jackson can't wait to meet all of you soon. We'll keep you posted on his progress.

3 comments:

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

LOve it!!! And love y'all!!!! dana

Penni said...

Sending many, many prayers up for you and your sweet family. I love your grace in this situation. I would only hope I could handle such a situation with the grace and peace that you are showing. Love you, sweet friend!

Kelley Brown said...

Moments like that remind me that God truly has a sense of humor! :) Can't wait to meet Jackson!