Sunday, August 3, 2008

Did Jesus ever fight sleep as a baby?



As I was rocking our precious little Charlie today (as he was fighting his nap), I wondered to myself, "Did Jesus ever fight sleep when he was a baby?" I doubt that He did, but that was just my question for the day. Charlie continues to amaze us each day. This morning, he made his second trip to Sunday School. Adam and I both thought that surely he would snooze all the way through. No, that was not the case. He dozed for an amazing ten minutes, then he wanted to get up and socialize. He smiled at everyone and just didn't want to miss out on the lesson. When we got home, he finally crashed about 12:45....very overtired. Even though Charlie was overtired, it occurred to me (as I was rocking him) that he will not little for very long. One day soon, he won't even fit into our laps. So I am treasuring these moments in the rockers in our house. I am also sooooo thankful that he is really a great sleeper. He has slept from 9 pm-5 am the last three or four nights. What a blessing! (Thank you, Lord!)
What have we done in the last few weeks since the last post?


--We have visited with many friends and family: The Ueltscheys, Aunt Ann,
Carley and Chase, Burgess, Meredyth, Gary and April, Casey and Angie, Lydia,
Charis,and Nancy, and many more.
--Charlie also has gone to Sunday School twice.
--Charlie has started smiling and giggling...he especially loves for us to
stick out our tongues and then he sticks his out as well. Isn't it funny how the simple things entertain young ones?
--He continues to use his bouncy seat as his "Pooping Palace." Thanks, Rosemary
and Tom.
--He got his 2-month shots. (Yes, I did make Adam hold him down for those.)
The nurse gave him a Bob the Builder sticker when he was done.




No comments: