Hey friends,
As you know, our little cherub, Charlie, refuses to nap. As we speak, he is in his crib crying....and has been for 23 minutes. Mom sent me a website that had good nap advice. Most moms put their kids to bed at a certain time, then let them cry. After a few weeks of this, the babies begin to nap regularly. I'm hoping that will help our little guy. One mom, though, had a hilarious strategy that I had to post. So here is to moms that will do anything to get their kiddos to nap. When I start this strategy, I'll definitely post a pic! Happy Thursday! (I hope this made you laugh as much as I just did.)
************************************************************************
"I had the same problem with my now two-year-old daughter. I don't know if my solution will be helpful because what ended up working for me was a lot of work. Nevertheless, she now naps in her crib and continues to co-sleep at night. Since I found that my daughter would nap readily with me right next to her, I actually climbed into the crib with her, nursed her to sleep, and carefully climbed out. While that did eventually work, it was clumsy, uncomfortable, and despite being a small woman made me worry that the crib would collapse under my weight. After that I simply nursed her down in my bed and carefully transfered her to the crib. All of this takes a lot of practice, because your baby will nap most readily under conditions which are familiar. Once my daughter got used to the idea that crib equals nap she eventually became comfortable with being put into her crib. It also helped to develop a nap-time routine, more familiarity made her more relaxed. She came to understand that a book and a song in the afternoon meant a nap was in the works. Keep in mind that babies are creatures of habit. They fear change, so anything new won't work at first. It's going to take some time and energy, but eventually once whatever you chose to do (including Ferberizing) becomes routine it will work. Be patient."
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
While I haven't crawled into a crib, I have spent many nap times in a toddler bed which is the same size...I just didn't have the high rails to climb over! :-) I hope your new strategy works! It's hard to hear your little one cry but they do eventually catch on...hang in there!
Umm, I have definitely crawled into David's crib before. The Baby Whisperer lady has used it before, so I tried it on one desperate teething nap-strike day. Soo, you wouldn't be the first. :) And it actually worked, but was incredibly awkward to pull off, ha!
Post a Comment