Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"Purseverance" (Part 1)


As you can see in the pictures above, Jennifer and I have been working on a bag. We have been calling it a purse, but now have decided that it is much too big for a purse. It is officially called a 'birdie sling,' but it should be a bag. We've decided to title the blog post, "Purseverance" because that it what it took to complete this project. Jennifer put it wonderfully when she compared us to poor readers that wanted desperately to read Harry Potter, but should have been reading something like See Spot Run! It took lots of patience and perseverance, but we completed our first major sewing project on our own. Thanks to Lenn for helping us out...and (as you will notice in the pic) fixing the Singers (our sewing machines).

More posts about the purse to come....Charlie is awake!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tawnya said...

Karen! Your bag looks GREAT!! I've signed up here for a class to make the same bag!! You did great doing it all on your own!!

jessica said...

so cute! I love it!!

Emily said...

I love the picture of jennifer holding the flashlight for your mom. It looks like there were some technical difficulites!! The bags are awesome! When can I place my order? :)
I really want to see you sometime soon!
E