Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Baby Jackson: Day 6

Hello friends,


Thank you so much for your prayers. God has truly sustained us this last week. Although there have been some down times, we overall have been encouraged and excited about our journey. Jackson is back up above his birth weight today weighing 6 pounds and 15 ounces. The last few nights have been such fun. Last night I got to feed him a bottle which was heaven...just to hold him for a little while. He definitely knew his mama and his daddy as he would look all around at us. Today, I got to go up to the NICU around 9:30 thanks to a sweet friend, Ashley, who was going up for a doctor's appointment. It was perfect timing. He was ready to eat when I got there, so he snuggled into my arms and gulped down his milk. The doctors have increased his feeding amount to almost two ounces every three hours. Also, I got to meet the doctor who was very encouraging. Jackson has graduated to a "nursery crib" and is off all of his IVs except to get some antibiotics. He will continue to eat every three hours, as they will monitor what he takes in each time. Adam and I got to go up there at lunchtime today and feed him again. He was happy to see us and ready to eat. Hopefully, our journey in the NICU will end soon, but we'll report on that later on this week when we get some confirmation.


Thanks again to the Lord for his answered prayers for Jackson's eating and progress so far. Pray that we can continue to be encouraged and encourage others up in the NICU. God has shown us how blessed we are. The other day we met a couple who had a baby girl who was born ten weeks early. She was two pounds, and they live in Cullman (an hour away). Adam and I were both thankful that we have a full-term baby and he hopefully only be there for a little while. They have a long journey, so it put things in perspective for us. We will continue to pray for their little one as they endure. Those trips to St. Vincent's are long to us, but we only have a 10-minute commute. We cannot imagine what they are going through...we only pray that they have a community surrounding them like we have in our lives. Praise God for His gifts to us.


I'll post more pictures later. Thanks for your prayers!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Karen & Adam,

Paul and I continue to pray for you all and sweet baby Jackson. We cannot wait to meet him and please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update. The Blair family is in our prayers. - Britton & Kristin