Like I said earlier, we all went to Samford on Saturday to celebrate their homecoming. Adam got to see many of his Samford buddies, and I got to see my "girls." I met Lydia and Alex many years ago, when I taught them at Brookwood Forest. They were in my classes in fifth grade, and I have loved them ever since. It has been a joy to see them grow up to be beautiful, successful young women. They are both at Samford, so I get to see them often. Lydia babysits for Charlie and Jackson and is definitely part of our family. She sees me and our house at its worst, and she still loves us. I love our "Diet Coke talks" about life, family, fashion, God, decorating and everything else. Even though our visits get interrupted by Charlie at some points, we always have a great time. Lydia also shares the Samford bond with Adam. When they get together, he gets the Samford scoop from her, and he shares his Samford memories with her. We are so thankful to have such a sweet friend and fellow Bulldog in our family! Charlie loves "Iddy" because she always colors with him and brings him lots of Thomas stuff. (Those things are very important when you are two.) Thanks, sweet Lydia, for being so special to our family!
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment