Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What has Charlie been doing?

For the past few weeks, we have been trying to give Charlie a little baby food. It's not his favorite yet, though this week he tried bananas without too much protest. He just hasn't developed a taste for the different textures. We'll keep trying.

He is sitting up on his own. He can hold that position for a few minutes before falling down face first..usually into some pillows on the couch. Mr. Charlie loves the remote control, and Adam caught him yesterday changing the channel and looking up to see what happens to the TV when that happened. He must have been watching his mama do this while she is flipping between "Good Morning America" and "The Today Show." (By the way, I've switched to Good Morning America" usually every day. I love Robin Roberts and the family atmosphere of Robin, Diane, Sam, and Chris.)

Charlie loves seeing Adam perform crazy dances and anything dramatic. He loves when we whistle and sing. Also, this week when he was crying out, I cried out louder, and he thought it was the funniest thing! This child loves to babble...imagine that!

I can't believe that Christmas is right around the corner. As this season continues, my prayer is that Charlie will come to know Jesus as a young child. This season of Advent has reminded me of what a precious gift we have in Jesus. When I am rocking sweet Charlie, I am reminded of how Mary must have felt. What an honor to woship the "newborn king!" Joy to the World!

1 comment:

JJ Gulf Breeze said...

I think you are right, you have the cutest and best baby around!

GrandBama