It's Sunday, May 4th at 8:03 p.m. I cannot keep wondering, "Will this be our last Sunday with just the two of us?" When will Baby Blair arrive? What will he/she look like? Adam was searching the web today and reading about what the baby is like at this point. He read to me about eye color and hair color/thickness, etc. Will this baby have dark curly hair right away...or will it wait until later to appear? These are just random thoughts and questions of a mom-to-be.
We've had a great weekend. We celebrated my brother's 30th birthday on Friday night. Yesterday, I got my nails and toes done at Daisy's nails. On Friday, I got my last pre-baby haircut. I guess these are more "nesting" signs. On my way to buy some cute flipflops, one man said, "Shouldn't you already be at the hospital?" I take it I really do look like I'm about to have this baby. People do make comments that surprise you when you are pregnant.
Last night and today, we arranged our nursery. Our beautiful Romina furniture arrived from Romania, and Adam and his friend, Jonathan Woodham, put it in on Friday. Of course, Adam and I had to reposition it five different ways before we went back to the way it looked at the beginning. The nursery is beginning to take shape. Here's a current picture! I am just in the beginning stages of placing the right books and decorative items on the shelves. It definitely is a process.
Last Sunday afternoon, the girls in my Sunday School class hosted a wonderful shower for me and three other girls that are having babies. We had tasty treats and just sweet fellowship. Here is a picture of the other girls and me. It is a miracle...only one of them knows that she is having. There are some of us "surprise" girls left in the world. :)

My core group girls: Susan, Dana, me, and Tara

The honorees: Emily, Amy, me, and Dana
The sweet girls of the Fusion Sunday School class! 



2 comments:
hey karen!
it's liz estess. i found your blog through the picardys blog. funnily enough, it looks like a ton of Fusion fams have blogs now. so fun! your nursery looks fabulous and i know you are thrilled to bring home baby blair within the month! we will be praying for a safe delivery and baby. looking forward to blog updates!!!
liz
You go girl! Excited to see the blogging. I'm glad I'll have a way to keep up with your guys. I'm praying for you, Adam, and baby Blair in the coming weeks.
Sharon
Post a Comment