Wednesday, June 11, 2008

103.1!!! Yuck!!! Yuck!!! Yuck!!!

The Blair Adventures Continue...

You all haven't heard from this blogger lately because she has been stuck in St. Vincent's Hospital on a return visit! Saturday night, I took my temperature and it was 103.1. I called my doctor and they sent us to the ER. I thought I'd be home in a few hours so I didn't take anything. Well, little did I know that I would be there until today--Wednesday---around noon. This was not what I had planned for the week. I found out later that I had a severe kidney infection. I just thought that all of my hot flashes were a result of these crazy hormones. I'm going to take my temperature now at the drop of a hat if I feel bad. After all of that, though, I am back home now just looking and loving on little Charlie, my couch, and my own bed.

One of my favorite verses is 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18: "Rejoice always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is your will in Christ Jesus." Here is a short list of reminders of God's goodnes through this small trial in my life.

--I am thankful to be home and healthy. Again, this is a reminder of God's provision for us in our lives. One nurse said that if I had not come in, I would probably have ended up in the ICU.

--I am thankful that God woke me up Saturday night to feed Charlie.

--I'm thankful that we have sweet friends and family that will drop everything they are doing at the drop of a hat to help us. Thanks, Peggy, for coming to our house at 2:00 Saturday night to keep little Charlie. You are his first official babysitter. Thanks, GrandBam (aka Lenn), for driving early Sunday morning to get here to help us. Thanks, KK and Bubba (Adam's parents) for coming home from the lake to help us. Thanks to all of you for the meals, cards, visits, flowers, my new toothbrush (Susan) and junk magazines that helped me pass the time at the hospital.

--Finally, thanks to my sweet husband, Adam, for helping me at the hospital. Thanks for asking all of the hard questions, for getting me lots of ice and snacks. Thanks for making conversation with all of the nurses. Thanks, too, for making me laugh when things were not a laughing matter. You are a blessing from the Lord. You didn't know what you agreed to when you said, "I do." I'm very thankful for your love and acts of service for me this week and always.

More updates when the next adventure arrives! I'll try to post more pictures soon too.

2 comments:

Jimbo and Hayley said...

Karen--we are so glad you are home and feeling better! God is so good! We love you! --Hayley, Jimbo and Carson

Tawnya said...

Glad to hear you're home, and we're looking forward to setting up another time to see you guys. I always knew Bassmaster was one of the best guys around!