Friday, June 6, 2008

All Grown Up!

Well, I now feel like a real grown up. It's amazing how God can change you from being a non parent to a parent in a moment. My revelation this week is how much responsibility and love the you feel for a little person when they are born. We have been waiting on little Charlie to go #2 (as my fifth graders would say). When he had not gone in a few days, we got a little worried. Adam's mom and I took him to the doctor yesterday, and he said that he wasn't too concerned, but just to be sure we needed to go to Children's Hospital to have a test done on him. Well, Nikki and I both were anxious in the doctor's office, but we remained calm as they scheduled the test for this morning.
All that to say, Adam and I went to Children's this morning at 9:00 a.m. for the test. We waiting only for a few minutes, then were called back to our X-ray room. There, we had to undress the little fella (which he does not like), and wait for the radiologist. I'll save you all more details, but he cried during the little procedure. For a new mom who is already battling hot flashes, I was sweating profusely while trying to hold down his arms and trying to hold back tears. It really breaks your heart when you see your own child hurting and crying. The doctor thinks that all is ok, we're just waiting to hear back. This makes you thankful for our health and the health of our baby. We also realize at this point that we have to put our trust in the Lord. He will provide and will heal! Sometimes we don't want to be the grown up, but Adam and I are both thankful for this responsibility and our little one.

Praise the Lord! I just heard back from our dear doctor--Dr. Jeff Stone--(thanks, Tracy C., for the recommendation)--and he said that the test this morning turned out to be normal...his intestines look fine. What a relief! This mama is going to sleep better tonight! What a blessing it is to have our health! Little Charlie is sleeping peacefully now in his swing--thanks, Casey and Angie, for that addition!
Here are some more pics from his first few days. I'm going to take some more today after he wakes up from his slumber. Did I mention that we think he's the best baby in the world????






These pics are some of our favorites: "The Praying Child," "Uncle Garth Trains Him Early," "The One-Eyed Willie," "The Blair Clan," and "Blair and Co."


Our first outing with Aunt Meredyth! We took little Charlie to Doodle's, our favorite ice and sorbet shop! I had peanut butter cup...so Sandy, I guess he likes that flavor too!

Adam was in a Jonathan Mitchell and Brandy Howard's wedding on May 31st, just a few days after Charlie was born. We (Charlie and I) think Dad looks really handsome in that tux! As you can tell, Charlie loves his hands!

More pics to come! I'm just getting adjusted to all of this technology!

No comments: