Day 5: I am so thankful for our church, Mountain Brook Community Church. When Adam and I got married, we searched for about a year before landing at MBCC. We had friends at many churches, and we were going to different churches ourselves. Coming from two different denominations, God led us to a compromise at MBCC. There, we found like-minded Christian friends in our same stage of life who encouraged us and welcomed us. We found strong biblical teaching which has strengthened both of our walks with God. Both of us have made many friends younger and older than us through our time at church. Our church family has helped us through many times...both good and difficult. For example, when Jackson was in the NICU when he was born, so many people prayed for us, brought us meals, and kept Charlie for us. We are so thankful to God for our church.
Day 6: This one goes along with our church. I am so thankful for our Core Group or Care Group at church. This group is made up of around 5-7 couples. Adam and I have been in a group for about four years now. Those couples (both the ones in our group now and the ones from groups past) have become dear friends. We have all spent time praying for one another, laughing with one another, and crying with one another. We have gone through tragedies together, and we have rejoiced together. If you are not in a small group in your own church, I highly recommend it. Our group has changed during the years, but each couple that we have gotten to know in there has kept our children, prayed with us, and played with us. Adam and I both know what a blessing it is to have friends that we both enjoy together.
Friday night at church, we had a Fall Family night. Our family really enjoyed it. Charlie got his face painted with his friend, Adair, and Jackson just loved crawling around (he is about to take off walking..a few steps today). Charlie mastered with a little help from a little girl, the big blow-up slide. We ate hot dogs and lots of candy. They even had a bonfire and some local fire trucks for the kids to climb on and explore. Day 6: This one goes along with our church. I am so thankful for our Core Group or Care Group at church. This group is made up of around 5-7 couples. Adam and I have been in a group for about four years now. Those couples (both the ones in our group now and the ones from groups past) have become dear friends. We have all spent time praying for one another, laughing with one another, and crying with one another. We have gone through tragedies together, and we have rejoiced together. If you are not in a small group in your own church, I highly recommend it. Our group has changed during the years, but each couple that we have gotten to know in there has kept our children, prayed with us, and played with us. Adam and I both know what a blessing it is to have friends that we both enjoy together.
Church friends from earlier this year
Another church buddy, Nathan
Julia and JT are church friends and Briarwood MDO friends
*As you can see, God has truly blessed us with dear Christian friends at church. For that, I am truly thankful!


No comments:
Post a Comment