Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness--Days 1 and 2

30 Days of Thankfulness:
I just read on a friend's blog about posting everyday for the month of November things that I was thankful for in life. I thought it would be a great way to hold me accountable to document and to keep on blogging. I will do days 1 and 2 today. (Also, I am not going to do them in any order...imagine that....just as they come to my mind.)

Day 1: I am thankful that God blessed me with Adam as my husband. For many years, I prayed that I would be married. I had my wedding planned and other things planned, and I remember my dad saying..."We just need a groom." Well, God gave me a wonderful groom that loves me and our boys unconditionally. Adam loves God with all of his heart and his family second. I am so thankful that God gave me someone who was a detail person, wise in finances, and just wise in matters in general. I am thankful that he is a "thinker" before he acts, and that he makes wise decisions for our family. Overall, I am thankful that he is a "people person" like me. Adam and I both have dear friends, and he understands the value that I have for friendships. I am thankful that though we both talk on the phone too much to our friends...that is something that we share together....friends.

I love you, Adam!

Day 2: I am thankful for the my children. From the time that I was little, God gave me the desire to have children. I have babysat children, taught children, and now by God's blessing, I have two of my own. I am so thankful for these blessings each day...even in the hardest of days. Adam is always reminding me that I am "living the dream"....I often laugh about this, but it is my dream. I am so thankful to be home with them watching them in awe with God's creation, with each other, and just enjoying life in general.



I love this picture of Jackson (15 months). We went to Samford's homecoming this past weekend and he and Charlie became magnets to the leaves and dirt. Yes, the white church shoes are now just as scruffy as ever....gotta love boys!



Both boys had a blast throwing leaves up and down and wallowing in them. Thank goodness it wasn't mud! A fun memory!

No comments: